Turpin's Trail is a Kingston-based quintet consisting of Brian Flynn, Steve Kennedy, Jon McLurg, Chris Murphy and Noah St. Amand.
With a closet-full of over a dozen instruments and a wealth of great original & traditional songs and tunes, Turpin's Trail brings together five veterans of Kingston's music scene. Individually, the members of Turpin's Trail have shared the stage with the likes of David Francey, Sarah Harmer, Ron Hynes, J.P. Cormier, Fred Eaglesmith, Leahy, and the Masterless Men. Turpin's Trail has played such great venues as the Thousand Islands Playhouse in Gananoque and Kingston's K-Rock Centre, and embarked on multiple tours of Atlantic Canada as far east as Newfoundland.
Watch here for information about upcoming performances.
A Candle's Flame:
The Auld Triangle in Wilton, ON:
- Excuses for the Blues (by Jon McLurg)
- Finally Coming Home (by Chris Murphy)
- Julia Delaney/The Banshee (traditional)
- Jolly Beggarman (traditional)
- Mary Ellen Carter (by Stan Rogers)
- Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key (by Woody Guthrie and Billy Bragg)
- I Will Wait (by Mumford & Sons)
- Devil Went Down to Georgia (by the Charlie Daniels Band)