Turpin's Trail is a Kingston-based quintet consisting of Brian Flynn, Steve Kennedy, Jon McLurg, Chris Murphy and Noah St. Amand.
With a closet-full of over a dozen instruments and a wealth of great original & traditional songs and tunes, Turpin's Trail brings together five veterans of Kingston's music scene. Individually, the members of Turpin's Trail have shared the stage with the likes of David Francey, Sarah Harmer, Ron Hynes, J.P. Cormier, Fred Eaglesmith, Leahy, and the Masterless Men. Turpin's Trail has played such great venues as the Thousand Islands Playhouse in Gananoque and Kingston's K-Rock Centre, and embarked on multiple tours of Atlantic Canada as far east as Newfoundland.
- Saturday October 8, 2016 at 8:00 pm – The Cove Country Inn in Westport, ON
- Saturday October 15, 2016 at 6:00 pm – Sharbot Lake Country Inn in Sharbot Lake, ON
- Friday October 21, 2016 at 7:00 pm – The Waring House in Prince Edward, ON - As Crooked Wood
- Saturday October 22, 2016 at 6:00 pm – Royal Canadian Legion in Napanee, ON - We'll be joined by special guest Jessica Wedden. All proceeds go towards the Canadian Museum of Fraternal Lodges. For tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 613-409-2635.
- Thursday November 3, 2016 at 7:30 pm – Princess Street United Church in Kingston, ON - Chris will be opening for internationally acclaimed singer / songwriter / multi-instrumentalist J.P. Cormier. Tickets are available in Kingston at Brian’s Record Option and Tara Foods, or online at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/jp-cormier-in-concert-tickets-27190772332.
- Saturday November 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm – The Waring House in Prince Edward, ON - As Crooked Wood
A Candle's Flame:
The Auld Triangle in Wilton, ON:
- Excuses for the Blues (by Jon McLurg)
- Finally Coming Home (by Chris Murphy)
- Julia Delaney/The Banshee (traditional)
- Jolly Beggarman (traditional)
- Mary Ellen Carter (by Stan Rogers)
- Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key (by Woody Guthrie and Billy Bragg)
- I Will Wait (by Mumford & Sons)
- Devil Went Down to Georgia (by the Charlie Daniels Band)