Turpin's Trail is a Kingston-based quintet consisting of Brian Flynn, Steve Kennedy, Jon McLurg, Chris Murphy and Noah St. Amand.
With a closet-full of over a dozen instruments and a wealth of great original & traditional songs and tunes, Turpin's Trail brings together five veterans of Kingston's music scene. Individually, the members of Turpin's Trail have shared the stage with the likes of David Francey, Sarah Harmer, Ron Hynes, J.P. Cormier, Fred Eaglesmith, Leahy, and the Masterless Men. Turpin's Trail has played such great venues as the Thousand Islands Playhouse in Gananoque and Kingston's K-Rock Centre, and embarked on multiple tours of Atlantic Canada as far east as Newfoundland.
- Saturday August 27, 2016 at 8:30 pm – Tweedsmuir Tavern in Tweed, ON
- Saturday September 10, 2016 at 2:30 pm – Fort Henry in Kingston, ON - Part of the Fort Henry Celtic Kitchen Party – learn more at http://www.forthenry.com/events/fort-henry-celtic-kitchen-party/.
- Saturday September 17, 2016 at 7:00 pm – The Waring House in Prince Edward, ON - As Crooked Wood
- Saturday September 24, 2016 at 7:00 pm – Pumpkin Pie Concert Series at Battersea United Church in Battersea, ON
- Saturday October 8, 2016 at 8:00 pm – The Cove Country Inn in Westport, ON
- Friday October 21, 2016 at 7:00 pm – The Waring House in Prince Edward, ON - As Crooked Wood
- Saturday November 12, 2016 at 7:00 pm – The Waring House in Prince Edward, ON - As Crooked Wood
A Candle's Flame:
The Auld Triangle in Wilton, ON:
- Excuses for the Blues (by Jon McLurg)
- Finally Coming Home (by Chris Murphy)
- Julia Delaney/The Banshee (traditional)
- Jolly Beggarman (traditional)
- Mary Ellen Carter (by Stan Rogers)
- Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key (by Woody Guthrie and Billy Bragg)
- I Will Wait (by Mumford & Sons)
- Devil Went Down to Georgia (by the Charlie Daniels Band)